What do you like about your role?
- The opportunity to translate and commercialise The University of Melbourne’s Graduate school of Education fantastic suite of educational software tools on the global stage.
- Working with some of the worlds best educators. I am inspired by their genuine passion to improve educational outcomes for students by creating informed clinical based teachers who can have a major impact on student learning outcomes..
Share three predictions on the future of Edtech.
- Globalisation and no borders impact of Ed tech impact
- The increase in private school education in the APEC region and its impact on education technology and service providers.
- The need for evidence based evaluation and assessment ed technology
What technologies do you believe have the potential to transform the education industry?
- Collaborative problem solving educational software that measures future competencies of students.
- Evaluation and assessment educational software. We need to measure student and teacher growth and quality
- Technologies that improve measurement and quality of teacher
As we are celebrating out 5th anniversary of EdTechXEurope, we are looking at the key trends over the past 5 years in edtech. What would you say have been the key areas of change that are impacting edtech today? Anything unexpected that surprised you? Trends that were overhyped and never met their expected potential?
I refer to the recent IBIs capital report
Why is it important for all players in the edtech ecosystem to continuously connect, network and learn from each other?
We need to build a genuine collaborative global capacity for this important industry sector.
When you think about joining EdTechXEurope this year, what are you looking forward to? What makes you excited about our event in London?
To be able to follow up from the success of Ed Tech X Asia in Singapore last yr and catch up with people and organisations I met there.. The other key take away for me is the opportunity to meet leading industry players, ed etch influencers and potential european channel partners for our products. Finally an opportunity to increase my market knowledge, trends and ed tech players.
Join James and our 100+ thought leader speakers at EdTechXEurope 2017 on 20 - 21st June 2017 - reserve your place now >>
Explore the agenda and see all of our confirmed 2017 EdTechXEurope speakers - go to agenda >>